Friday, December 7, 2012

Week 10: The Final Curtain

As much as I hate goodbyes, it is a fact of life, and the best way to get over this feeling is by looking back at the accomplishments through this course to praise them.

I feel this final blog is like a final comprehensive exam that our students go through, if not taken, then the wrap up is not done; hence, there is something missing like the need for the closing of the curtain in a play!

Before writing the final post, I read all my weekly posts that I had crafted to be able to write now, and this experience (retrospection) is the constant learning one (introspection). I believe this was the highlight of the course, and in a flashback I will stop at the topics that were most successful even though it is very difficult to exclude any as the whole package was beneficial to me, for I consider myself a novice in web skills.


  1. Week 1: The blogger experience
  2. Week 2: The ABCD model
  3. Week 3: Aural/oral skill building websites and delicious.com
  4. Week 4: Reading/writing skill building websites.
  5. Week 5: PBL, webquests and rubrics.
  6. Week 6: Student-centered classes/large classes and the effective use of PPT.
  7. Week 7: Learner autonomy/Wallwisher
  8. Week 8: Peer review/ creation of a survey.
  9. Week 9: Learning styles/multiple intelligence
  10. Week 10: LoTi
I will continue to read, explore, pilot, apply, and keep on evaluating. 

I thank Courtney and the guest moderators for teaching, guiding, and involving us and for great planning of this online course. Also, gratitude to my e-mates for teaching me vicariously because learning cannot happen individually or in isolation. The byproduct of this experience is the ability to organize and multitask to reach a target. Thank you for giving me this unforgettable opportunity although I had some moments of pressure but as said "no gain with no pain". 

Graduation ceremonies are described as commencement exercises for a valid reason, so the end of this course is ironically a beginning of new learning experiences. 


1 comment:

  1. Dear Paula

    I liked your terms of Retrospection and Introspection.You have given beautiful expression to this process which is going in the minds of all the participants in this course.

    Best wishes for your future plans.

    Regards

    Raj

    ReplyDelete