Saturday, October 6, 2012

Week 1: Paula's Blog

It is almost the end of the first week of the online course Building Teacher Skills Through the Interactive Web, and it has been so far a very good learning experience. For one thing, I never thought I will build my own blog! I always thought that this task is beyond my technological skills. However, thanks to the instructions provided by Courtney, it turned out to be quite simple!

Here is a photo of my family. My husband is a professor of mathematics and I have two boys: Nadeem is 16 years old, and Sari is 12.

We live in Beirut (Lebanon), a war-torn city that constantly rises against all odds to remain one of the most beautiful cities in the world. Below is a recent photo of the city.


The weather in Beirut is usually mild, yet it can get really cold in the mountains surrounding it (they are quite visible from the city). Snow blankets the hills in the winter season and the snow covered cedars are a trademark of the country.

I am really enjoying this task....and I look forward to learning how to blog for educational purposes.

2 comments:

  1. Wow Paula, nice family, beautiful picture and lovely background. Your blog is so peaceful!
    Absolutely love it.

    Mireille

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to meet you and your family Paula! Thank you for sharing with us the picture of your family. You have a very strong background. The picture of Beirut looks very peaceful, it's hard to imagine that somebody would like destroy this beauty!

    ReplyDelete