Monday, November 26, 2012

Week 8: Feeling Great!

The feeling of accomplishment dominates this week as we all drafted our projects and got constructive feedback from our partners. I feel a sense of achievement with the preliminary success of my class blog so far. The posts are increasing every week and the enthusiasm from the students is multiplying.
So I chose to make a survey using google docs to get initial feedback on the use of this new tool with my freshman English students. If they send me their replies early enough, I will try to include the results in my final project. I already feel closer to my students and think that I have provided them with a new learning experience that promotes autonomy.Because of the sensed results with my pilot group, I plan to incorporate blogging next semester and maybe encourage other teachers to do the same. Also, if the link between my students and Ina's can be established ,then I shall try to keep the international scene open to my students with the help of my present e mates.

The plethora of online tools provided by Courtney for this week's readings cannot end by the end of this week! Easy Test Maker, Hotpotatoes, tools for educators are just few of the examples that I explored and would like to save on my Delicious for future reference. I also explored ANVIL and would like to further study how it can be used in my setting. As we all felt, we are the decision makers when it comes to what to use and when to incorporate those tools in our classes.

The experience of the peer review is a learning one not only for our projects ,but for us to make our students evaluate one another before we decide on a final grade for them. Ironically ,it will also help them not to plagiarize which was my partner's target in her project. I think the whole experience was extremely beneficial.

I don't want to think about the end yet, so I will close by looking forward to week nine!

Paula

3 comments:

  1. Hi, Paula.

    That's great that you have launched a survey to get some feedback on the students' perception of the tasks of blogging. It seems that they have dramatically increased their levels of motivation, which means that you have fulfilled your goal! Congratulations! I hope that you can link your students with Ina's as well - what a great cooperative event that would be!

    Good luck as we begin week 9 soon!
    Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Paula.

    Me again! By the way, let me add Happy belated Independence Day to you and your country. I am sorry that you suffered so much on that day this year, but I am glad that your country is free and moving forward. I think that your children learned a very valuable lesson during this holiday without water and electricity. Maybe it will help them to understand you and what struggles you went through during the war.

    Stay strong, my friend!
    Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paula,

    It is simply wonderful to hear your positive feedback about the results of your final project. I love hearing that you feel a sense of accomplishment. What a great feeling that is! As I read over your blog, I get a sense of accomplishment myself.

    I think it's great that you can't get through the plethora of online tools. It means you can keep exploring and learning even after the course is over.

    Thanks for a wonderful week 8 reflection!

    ReplyDelete